For all you Halloween lovers in Virginia, we hope you’re planning some safe and fun activities for this weekend! Here are some ideas in a couple of areas:
Coastal Virginia – Hampton Roads
- Ghost Train in Northwest River Park, Oct. 24-26 – Chesapeake – Reservations are required. $$
- Annual Halloween Bash at the Virginia Air and Space Center, Oct. 26 – Hampton – trick or treating, costume contests, and more! $$
- Poochapalooza Howl’oeen, Oct. 26 – Hampton – Dress up your dogs and come out to play and socialize!
- Haunted Bacon’s Castle, Oct. 26 – Surry – Private tours of Bacon’s Castle with a reservation in advance! 7pm-11pm. 7 people max per tour. $$
- Terror Trail at Big Gem Park, Oct. 26 – Shenandoah – Children are only allowed if accompanied by an adult. $$
- Halloween on the Square, Oct. 26– Harrisonburg – Afternoon of fun on Main St. with live DJ’s, free carnival games, crafts and costume contests!
- Ghost Stories with Vicky Town, Oct. 27 – Staunton – Professional storyteller Vicky Town will be telling ghost stories and Halloween tales!
- Oct 31st – Trick-or-treating in downtown Buena Vista and Vinton
- Capital Creepers EERIE NIGHTS Ghost tours of Richmond, Various days through Nov. 3 – Richmond – Mature audiences and children under 16 must have an adult with them. $$
- Halloween HAUNT at King’s Dominion, Oct. 25-27 – Doswell – Daylight hours feature age-appropriate, non-scary activities! At night there are haunted mazes, spooky shows, scare zones, and thrilling rides and attractions. $$
- Petersburg Haunts, Oct 25-26, Nov. 1-2 – Petersburg – One-hour walk through 400 years of history in Petersburg. $$
- “Ghosts of History Lynchburg” Walking Tour, Oct. 24-26 – Lynchburg – Evening walk through Daniel’s Hill.
- Legends of the Land, Oct. 26 – Forest – Evening of storytelling and tour of Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest.
- Goblins and Gourds at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Oct. 27 – Richmond – Children’s garden with a pumpkin and harvest theme. $$
- Fields of Fear, Oct. 26-27, Nov. 1-2 – Centreville – Cox Farm is filled with haunted cornfields, hayrides, bonfires, snacks, and more! Not recommended for children under 12. An adult must accompany all children under 14. $$
- Spirits of Rippon Lodge, Oct. 25-26 – Woodbridge – Tour of the haunted house and grounds. $$
- Haunted Happenings, Oct. 26 – Manassas – Trick or treat through Old Town Manassas. There will be games and costume contests.
- Town Center Trick-or-Treat, Oct. 27 – Ashburn – Welcome Center provides snacks and is open to the public.
- Kilmarnock Kandy for Kids, Oct. 31 – Kilmarnock – FREE trick-or-treating event in downtown Kilmarnock on Main St. for children of all ages.
Blue Ridge Highlands
- Annual Halloween Celebration, Oct. 26 – Dublin – Halloween fun at the campgrounds!
- Halloween Kidfest, Oct. 27 – Floyd – Arts and crafts fun!
Heart of Appalachia
- Pumpkins in the Park – Haunted Trail Hayride, Wilderness Road, Oct. 25-26 – Ewing – 30 minute haunted trail hayride, pumpkin painting, face painting, music and storytelling. $5 per car.